Kacche Gosht ki Dum Biryani
The meat is nicely marinated giving it enough time to tenderize and blend itself in all the spices. Along with some other aromatic ingredients, the marinated meat is then layered with cooked rice and slow cooked to deliciousness
Kacche Gosht ki Dum Biryani is the Biryani of Nawabs. For the first timers, it is much easier and better to start with chicken. The meat is nicely marinated giving it enough time to tenderize and infuse itself in all the spices. The rice is half cooked or little more than that. Along with some other aromatic ingredients, the marinated meat is then layered with half cooked rice and sealed well with a dough and slow cooked in steam to perfection. It is really amazing to see that the texture of the meat you find in this type of biryani is far more tender and succulent than the usual biryani. The flavors and the aroma you get when you open the lid takes you on a ride to Nawabi cuisine.
Ingredients for Kachche Gosht ki Biryani Recipe
Mutton cut into biryani pieces 750 grams
Basmati rice soaked 1 1/2 cups
Raw papaya paste 2 tablespoons
Kewra water 1/2 teaspoon
Rose water 1/2 teaspoon
Pure ghee 3 tablespoons
Caraway seed (shahi jeera) powder 1/2 teaspoon
Saffron (kesar) few strand
Milk 2 tablespoons
Oil for deep-frying
Onions sliced 4 large
Fresh mint leaves 1/2 cup
Fresh coriander leaves chopped 1/2 cup
Garam masala powder 1 tablespoon
Green cardamom 3
Cinnamon 1 inch stick
Yogurt 1 1/2 cups
Salt to taste
Turmeric powder 1/2 teaspoon
Red chilli powder 1 1/2 teaspoons
Ginger paste 1 1/2 tablespoons
Garlic paste 1 tablespoon
Rose petals 2 tablespoons
Black cardamom 1
Black peppercorns 7-8
Ginger cut into thin strips 2 inch piece
Wheat flour dough to seal
· Place the mutton pieces in a deep bowl, add the papaya paste and mix well so that all the mutton pieces are covered with the paste.
· Cover the bowl and place it in the refrigerator for eight to ten hours so that the mutton gets tenderized. Heat sufficient oil in a kadai. Add the onions and deep-fry till well browned. Drain oil. Take the mutton out of the refrigerator.
· Add yogurt, salt, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, ginger paste, garlic paste, half the fried onions, half the fresh mint, half the fresh coriander, one tablespoon rose petals, and garam masala powder and mix well.
· Cover the bowl with cling film and keep it in the refrigerator to marinate for at least thirty minutes. Cook the rice in plenty of water with salt till half done.
· Drain well. Sprinkle green cardamoms, cinnamon, cloves, black cardamom, peppercorns, half kewra water, rose water, two tablespoons ghee and caraway seeds over the rice and mix well.
· Dissolve saffron in warm milk. Take a non stick deep pan and spread the marinated mutton and top it with the rice.
· Sprinkle the remaining fried onions, remaining kewra water, fresh mint, fresh coriander, saffron milk, milk, remaining ghee, remaining rose petals and ginger strips. Cover the pan with a lid and seal with the wheat flour dough.
· Place a tawa under the pan and cook on low heat for forty five to sixty minutes or till both the mutton and rice are completely cooked.
· Let it stand for fifteen minutes before opening the seal and lid.
Kacche Gosht ki Dum Biryani for you is ready!!